Keeping the skin clean and spotless is many people’s desire, but not everyone knows how to keep it clean.
Many products are developed to help you keep your skin looking young and healthy, but unless you know how to use them, you may not get your skin clean enough.
That said, here are the tips on how to clean your skin:
• Wash your face before going to bed. The first tip to keep in mind is that you will need to wash your face before you go to bed. This will clear the sweat and other dirt accumulated during the day.
• Use lukewarm water to clean your face. Whenever you want to wash your face, lukewarm water will help to keep it healthy. Cold water will clog the pores while hot water will dry the skin, so lukewarm is the best choice.
• Take about thirty to forty-five seconds to clean your face with a small amount of cleanser, ideally the size of a dime.
• Be gentle on the skin. When you scrub your skin too hard will leave your skin red and rough. Do not use rough clothes and other harsh scrubs. This can also cause some irritation. It is better to use your hands and gently scratch using your nails to get rid of the oily content on the face.
• Consider the morning wash. The hair products will be absorbed by the pillowcase, which will then be shifted to the skin. Cleaning it in the morning helps to open up the pores.
• Rub the cleanser into your hands for some seconds until it lathers, which will help to activate the vital ingredients.
• A cleansing brush can help. At times, you can have some makeup left on the skin, which can lead to a breakout. An exfoliating brush along with a basic cleanser will get rid of the makeup left on the skin.
• Exfoliate. Removing the dead skin layers and the dirt that block the pores will help to make your skin glow naturally. You can consider exfoliating products with lactic acids and alpha hydroxyl.
• Avoid over washing your skin. Suppose your skin is still oily, even after washing it, it is advised to use an astringent after washing it. Do not wash it over and over again.
• Exfoliate while in the shower. When you are showering, the steam can help to open up the pores of the skin. So you might want to consider exfoliating while you are in the shower.
• Use the rinse cycle. Never leave your skin with some cleansers on it, since they can do a similar damage to the leftover oil and dirt. Instead, you can use tepid water to rinse the skin until it feels clean and smooth.
These are the tips on how to clean your skin and keep it looking young and healthy. When you are drying your skin, do not rub it, rather, pat it using a dry towel.